Reports of the spectacular growth of Christianity in Africa are well known. What is less known is how it is happening. Glenn has visited Africa and has reported on the growth of the church in the book he co-wrote with Jerry Trousdale, The Kingdom Unleashed. In today’s show the Pugcasters interview one of the leaders of this phenomenal movement. There were many remarkable things that they learned in the course of the interview–an important one being how Islam is growing in Africa through a combination of biological growth, conversion through marriage, business dealings with strings attached, and the building of mosques.https://crosspolitic.com/podcast/the-theology-pugcast-disciple-making-movements-the-contest-w-islam-in-west-africa/
My show notes
Making disciples in West Africa
- Identify a community
- Research the community, get to know the culture
- Identify a “person of peace” … someone from the community to be a bridge into the community
Establish Access Ministries (5 pillars)
- Prayer and Fasting
- Service with a purpose, fill a need
Education/vo-tech, clean water, health facilities, seed banks, government corruption/justice, business/jobs
- Every believer is a disciple, and every disciple is a disciple maker. “Who is your disciple?”
Church planting, small groups
When government programs fail. Involving people in their own development.
Islam vs Christianity
- Family multiplication
- Building (physical representation of the Church, claiming ground for Jesus)
- Battle in the spiritual realm first by prayer and fasting
- Believe! Has the church in America become blind to spiritual things?
- Need a supernatural worldview revival in the churches in America!
Fear of What is Coming Out of America
Like the church of Pergamum. (Revelation 2:12-17)
But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality.Revelation 2:14
Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing2 Peter 2:15