I’m registering for this short course: Colson Center “Preparing for the 2020 election.” And would like to invite you to participate.
Week 1: Politics and the Bible – Wayne Grudem
“Thank you for registering for the Colson Center Short Course “Preparing for the 20202 Election.” Below, you will find the recording from week one:
Feel free to share this link with family and friends. However, we do ask that you do not post the link to social media or any file-sharing sites (Youtube, Vimeo)”.
Part 1: Christian influence on government: Five wrong views
Part 2: A Better Solution: Significant Christian Influence on Government (~35 minute mark)
Week 2: “The Christian Citizen” presented by Bruce Ashford
Our culture needs “a people” to bring hope and a moral framework. God is acting and working through His people, the Church!
Develop a apologetic Biblical worldview of:
- Sphere sovereignty: responsibilities and boundaries of the three God ordained governments of family, church, and civil body politic. “Each family has certain assigned duties within its own sphere—education, health care, and so forth. But together families also contribute a molecular strength in the makeup of the two other trans-family governments, which are civil order and the church.” (“Federal Husband” Douglas Wilson)
- Biblical moral ethics
- Unity for the common good; charity – love your neighbor. Unity in our diversity, and what do we have to be united on? The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Liberty and Justice for all. E Pluribus Unum: out of many, one. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights” – The Declaration of Independence
Schedule would look like this:
• February 4 – Wayne Grudem: Politics and the Bible
• February 11 – Bruce Ashford: The Christian Citizen
• February 18 – Mindy Belz: Policies that Matter
• February 25 – Jay Richards: Socialism
Colson Center “Preparing for the 2020 election.” This four-week short course will equip Christians to cast their votes confidently.
Please let me know if you would like the links and to participate in small group discussion, or if you would like the links but can’t make small group. Alternatively, instead of small group meeting I could post discussion points on the blog and we can have a discussion through comments or text.
Short course details: